MARYAN (2013) | Dhanush | Parvathy Menon | Bharat Bala | A R Rehman - My View


MARYAN - A Tamil Movie released in 2013

First I want to thank my friend Srinivas Mummadi for recommending this movie to me. I completely forgot the reason why he had recommended this movie to me.

Now this is how I felt and what I thought from the beginning of the movie till the end. 

Story: 
Well the story is easily relatable to a lot of real time situations, where a few Indian or other national citizens got kidnapped by rebels in Africa for ransom money either from the company they go to work there or from the country they belong from. I don't remember watching a lot of films which are made from real stories, this did feel that way, at the same time without missing basic necessity of adding songs and romance that we as Indian citizen love to have in most of the films. It is surely a movie you wouldn't feel bad watching if you like emotions.

Actors:
Dhanush played the male lead in this film. He plays the role of a fisherman who leaves his hometown to Africa for work. His performance as usual has developed a lot and is a very well established actor in the film industry. His experience in acting can also make us feel that he really is a fisherman. His acting in some scenarios of the film were really worth commendable. I have become his fan frankly not from any of his Tamil films, but from his Hindi debut Raanjhanaa.


Parvathy Menon, she is the reason why I decided to write about this film in my own blog. My mind was blowing at the end of the film for the performance she has given. Even for a second as long as she was on the screen I didn't feel that she was acting. I felt as if she was a real character and I was watching about her. For me Parvathy stole the whole show for the emotions and variations she has shown in the emotion till the end of the film. You have to watch this film for her emotional roller coaster at least. 



Then I started to search about her on Google and then I really got a shock. Well it might not be a shock for everyone, but it was my lack of knowledge about her previous works though I had the chance of watching one of them. I had Bangalore Days, which I am sure most have you have already watched it, but my lack of knowledge was that Paravthy Menon is the same female who played the role of RJ Sarah. She always was thinking about who is the female who played the role of RJ in the film but never did take the effort of doing the research. Now thanks to Maryan, I did my research and found that she is the same female. The shock I was talking about was because there is no comparison to the look she carried in Bangalore days and in Maryan. Finally, we have a versatile actress. By giving that statement I don't mean others are not, just got connected to her more than others that's all.

Music:
The music for this film was given by the India's proudest and favorite music director, A R Rehman. Frankly I like his music but not a big fan, I loved the BGM and music he has given to this movie which is also the reason for me to get connected to everything in this movie. 

Director:
Bharat Bala, I would challenge everyone to go and search about him in Google. After watching this movie I couldn't believe. It is one thing to be a feature film director and then another thing to be a ad film / music video director. He has made only movie in 2004 in English. Comes back to make Maryan in Tamil. It was a beauty, his vision was easily seen in the movie and he made sure his vision was captured as he was imagining. Awesome job sir. Really loved the fisherman scenarios and scenes more than usual. 

Overall:

A must watch it if you love emotions, if not for that watch it for PARVATHY MENON's acting.

Rate: 7/10




Written by Sashank K

No comments:

Post a Comment